From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suggestions on partitioning HD
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:22:59
1 On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 19:50:55 +0000, Alexey Asprov wrote:
2
3 > I've decided to go with this doc using my physical partitions for /boot
4 > /swap and / and give the rest to LVM.
5 >
6 > So partitions /usr /home /opt /var /tmp will be using LVM
7
8 With only 10GB in total, running so many partitions is bound to result in
9 one filling up while the is free space on others. I would (and do)
10 put /usr, /var and /opt on the same partition.
11
12 /usr is mounted directly on the partition, /var and /opt are mounted
13 on /usr/var and /usr/opt using the bind option.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Adolescence, n.: The stage between puberty and adultery.