From: Alexey Asprov <astoriastar@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Suggestions on partitioning HD
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:01:44
1 Hi again,
2
3 I have 10G HD which I would like to use for my new LVM2 install
4 following this guide:
5 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/lvm2.xml
6
7 I've decided to go with this doc using my physical partitions for /boot
8 /swap and / and give the rest to LVM.
9
10 So partitions /usr /home /opt /var /tmp will be using LVM
11 I will also use JFS filesystems on all of them, except /swap offcourse.
12
13 What is your suggestions regarding how much space to give to each?
14
15 Your replies are appreciated as always.
16
17 And yes, I know that my drive is small and old and I can shrink and expand
18 those in the future, but, theoretically, this is developement laptop and
19 I want to use it.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list