From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suggestions on partitioning HD
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:04:53
1 On 10/13/05, Alexey Asprov <astoriastar@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi again,
4 >
5 > I have 10G HD which I would like to use for my new LVM2 install
6 > following this guide:
7 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/lvm2.xml
8 >
9 > I've decided to go with this doc using my physical partitions for /boot
10 > /swap and / and give the rest to LVM.
11 >
12 > So partitions /usr /home /opt /var /tmp will be using LVM
13 > I will also use JFS filesystems on all of them, except /swap offcourse.
14 >
15 > What is your suggestions regarding how much space to give to each?
16 >
17 > Your replies are appreciated as always.
18 >
19 > And yes, I know that my drive is small and old and I can shrink and expand
20 >
21 > those in the future, but, theoretically, this is developement laptop and
22 > I want to use it.
25 I have a 120GB drive with a 32M /boot a /10 GB / and the rest of the disk
26 dedicated to /home. The setup works wonderfully for me. I have about 5
27 kernels in /boot and I'm not really pressing the limits of the space.
28 -Mike
32 Michael E. Crute
33 Software Developer
34 SoftGroup Development Corporation
35
36 Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
37 "In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"