From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg worked! Minor issues....Thanks, Gentoo
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 19:03:44
1 dnlt0hn5ntzhbqkv51 wrote:
4 > It just plain worked!
5 >
6 > Emerge even identified -only- my drivers (mouse, keyboard, etc.)
7 > before I scanned xorg.conf.
8 >
9 > Minor problems:
10 >
11 > 1. The emerge stoped at one point because the uninstall failed to
12 > remove an obscure library (perhaps /var/lib/xkb ? sorry, I should have
13 > noted it). But emerge identified the directory and told me to delete
14 > it. A restart allowed successful completion.
15
16 It was /var/lib/X11/xkb. I got the same error and I just copied it
17 somewhere else then deleted it. All was well after that. Emerge
18 --resume carried on.
21 > < snip >
22 >
23 > So thank you to Gentoo the Developers - another successful plan and
24 > instructions on your part, that worked just fine for newbies like me!
27 > ..