From: Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@×××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with locale - ANSI_X3.4-1968
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 01:27:00
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Saturday 01 July 2006 02:14, Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:
3 >> glibc version is: 2.3.6-r4
4 >>
5 >> Output of locale -a:
6 >> locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
7 >> locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
8 >> locale: Cannot set LC_COLLATE to default locale: No such file or directory
9 >
10 > So there is obviously something wrong with your locale.
11 >
12 >> Output of grep -v '^$\|^#' /etc/locale.gen
13 >> da_DK.UTF-8 UTF8
14 >
15 > At least on my computer (running glibc-2.4-r1) that must be:
16 >
17 > # grep da_DK.UTF /etc/locale.gen
18 > da_DK.UTF-8 UTF-8
19 >
20 > Note the dash in the second UTF-8. Without it I get errors resulting in a bad
21 > locale.
22 >
23 >> Output of grep -v '^$\|^#' /etc/locales.build
24 >> da_DK.UTF8/UTF8
25 >
26 > Just delete /etc/locales.build. /etc/locale.gen is replacing it. Then run:
27 >
28 > # locale-gen
29 >
30 > after making the above change to /etc/locale.gen and see if that solves
31 > anything.
34 Yup, it worked.
35
36 I still wonder how I managed to forget the dash in UTF-8 considering how
37 familiar I am with that particular locale. I must have been mentally
38 sleeping after having updated the baselayout. The funny part is that I
39 cannot even remember having touched it at all in 2006. My memory must be
40 detoriating ;)
41
42 But thanks for the help. Things work fine again :D
43
44 -Kristian
45 --
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list