From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Difficulty setting up apache, php and joomla
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 15:13:52
1 On 03/25/2017 10:48 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I'm setting up a new little box to be a web development server, to develop a
5 > new website for my choir. I have it running with the old site, hand-crafted
6 > from HTML and CSS, but after installing joomla into the new site and on
7 > attempting to open index.php to configure it, as instructed, I get this in
8 > /var/log/apache2/error_log:
11 Joomla 3.4.x is not compatible with php-7.x:
12
13 https://downloads.joomla.org/technical-requirements#footnote-3xPHP
14
15 You'll need Joomla 3.5 at least.
16
17 Or if you want some unsolicited advice and you're not picky about the
18 CMS: avoid Joomla. The user interface is incomprehensible, updates
19 require manual intervention, extensions are hard to write, and there's a
20 culture of paid support for things that should just work.