From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mouse frozen
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:57:39
1 Michael George <george <at> mutualdata.com> writes:
5 > If anyone has anything I might be able to use, I'd sure appreciate
6 > hearing it!
7
8 Well Occationally I have my mouse lock up. I just unplug the usb
9 connector and plug it back in. You can get one of thise ps2-to-usb
10 converters and set your mouse up for usb.
11
12 This is really nice on laptops, cause you can use the mouse pad
13 or an external mouse, dynamically switching, or with both
14 active. ps2 mouse setup is limited.
17 Sorry I do not have an antedote for your ps2 mouse woes, except to
18 convert to a usb mouse. Sometimes wirelss usb mice(logitech) are
19 very nice too. If you buy a new usb mouse, they usually come
20 with the ps2-to-usb converter, if the mouse has a ps2 connector
21 serial connector.
22
23 If you do convert don't forget to fix your xorg.conf files
24 and in make.conf add:
25
26 INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse"
27