From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] atheros wifi for gentoo..
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 21:25:27
1 > ATH5K has been in the kernel for a little while,the reason
2 > for using
3 > 2.6.28 is that it also supports the wired NIC. With the
4 > addition of the
5 > eee ACPI modules, I can now run with no third party modules
6 > on my Eee.
9 When I do a search for 2.6.28 I get a patch. For gentoo-sources, 2.6.27 is the latest I can find.
10
11 Currently using 2.6.24. Will that patch bridge the gap?
12
13 At a big disadvantage here, my home PC, gentoo, is woefully out of date and I can't do anything for it because my ISP, hdcanada.com, just disappeared. No warning, no explanation. I have to pedal to town and use the wifi with the EEE.
14
15 mw