From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] atheros wifi for gentoo..
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 01:21:05
1 On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:55:29 +0900, daid kahl wrote:
2
3 > > Use a 2.6.28 kernel and enable ATH5K for wireless and ATL2 for wired.
4
5 > This may not be as good a suggestion as the former, so I don't post it
6 > in contradiction, but just as extra information. My method works with
7 > kernels at least as old at 2.6.20
8
9 ATH5K has been in the kernel for a little while,the reason for using
10 2.6.28 is that it also supports the wired NIC. With the addition of the
11 eee ACPI modules, I can now run with no third party modules on my Eee.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Bus: (n.) a connector you plug money into, something like a slot machine.