From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] atheros wifi for gentoo..
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 00:55:33
1 2009/2/19 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
2
3 > On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:06:13 -0800 (PST), maxim wexler wrote:
4 >
5 > > I would love to hear from someone who managed a gentoo install on a 4G
6 > > SSHD with the onboard Atheros wifi chipset;also the ethernet would be
7 > > nice, it uses the L1e Gigabit chip, another Atheros product.
8 >
9 > Use a 2.6.28 kernel and enable ATH5K for wireless and ATL2 for wired.
12 > I'm using a 2.6.26 kernel without ATH5K enabled for an Atheros wireless LAN
13 card.
14
15 I'm using madwifi drivers straight from the madwifi project, and you can see
16 my simple instructions for installation at
17 http://forum.sabayonlinux.org/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=14920
18
19 This may not be as good a suggestion as the former, so I don't post it in
20 contradiction, but just as extra information. My method works with kernels
21 at least as old at 2.6.20
22
23 ~daid