From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev upgrade 208 > 212-r1, openrc USE flag changed to disabled?
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 18:14:00
1 On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Still, for those of us who actually look at what is about to happen, and
3 > notice a change like this that could potentially cause boot problems
4 > (udev+openrc), it would be nice.
5
6 I think it makes more sense to limit news items to situations that
7 actually require the user to make a decision or take some action.
8
9 If we start publishing news items saying "everything is ok, you don't
10 have to do anything" every time some aspect of udev changes, people
11 will stop reading them, and we will run into the same situation we
12 have with pkg_postinst spam.