From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev upgrade 208 > 212-r1, openrc USE flag changed to disabled?
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 17:29:42
1 On 6/14/2014 1:02 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> *Why* was it removed/no longer needed? And why was it needed previously?
4
5 > Read the ChangeLog for sys-fs/udev, specifically the entry on 03 Apr 2014.
6
7 Thanks - a half hour of googling didn't find this.
8
9 >> Since udev (and openrc vs systemd) is such a huge topic lately, I think this
10 >> should be clearly explained, possibly even warranting a news item.
11
12 > We don't need news items for every little change to
13 > udev/openrc/systemd, especially when no action is required.
14
15 Still, for those of us who actually look at what is about to happen, and
16 notice a change like this that could potentially cause boot problems
17 (udev+openrc), it would be nice.
18
19 Anyway, thanks for the pointer, I understand it now and have already
20 upgraded udev...