From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev upgrade 208 > 212-r1, openrc USE flag changed to disabled?
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 17:02:45
1 On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Ok, that explains the meaning of the (), but doesn't explain this *change*
3 > satisfactorily (to a non-coder at least)...
4 >
5 > *Why* was it removed/no longer needed? And why was it needed previously?
8 Read the ChangeLog for sys-fs/udev, specifically the entry on 03 Apr 2014.
9
10 > Since udev (and openrc vs systemd) is such a huge topic lately, I think this
11 > should be clearly explained, possibly even warranting a news item.
14 We don't need news items for every little change to
15 udev/openrc/systemd, especially when no action is required.