From: Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Python - !!! Failed to complete python imports.
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:58:50
1 Ok I am in need of some serious help well my home server is:
2
3 After emerging python (with distcc running and attempting to do a cross
4 compilation) I get the following message when I try run any program
5 associated with python:
6
7 ************************************************
8 o_O / # env-update
11 !!! Failed to complete python imports. There are internal modules for
12 !!! python and failure here indicates that you have a problem with python
13 !!! itself and thus portage is no able to continue processing.
14
15 !!! You might consider starting python with verbose flags to see what has
16 !!! gone wrong. Here is the information we got for this exception:
17 No module named fcntl
19
20 Yes that means i cant re-emerge python or anything :(
24 "When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
25 you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for free". - Linus