From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python - !!! Failed to complete python imports.
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:35:50
1 On 10/27/05, Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Ok I am in need of some serious help well my home server is:
3 >
4 > After emerging python (with distcc running and attempting to do a cross
5 > compilation) I get the following message when I try run any program
6 > associated with python:
7 >
8 > ************************************************
9 > o_O / # env-update
12 > !!! Failed to complete python imports. There are internal modules for
13 > !!! python and failure here indicates that you have a problem with python
14 > !!! itself and thus portage is no able to continue processing.
15 >
16 > !!! You might consider starting python with verbose flags to see what has
17 > !!! gone wrong. Here is the information we got for this exception:
18 > No module named fcntl
19 > ************************************************
20 >
21 > Yes that means i cant re-emerge python or anything :(
24 > --
25 > "When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
26 > you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for free". - Linus
27 > Torvalds, 1995
28
29 try give the python-updater script a go?
30
31 HTH.
32
33 -- Joe
36 There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
37 Those who can count, and those who can't.
38
39 Money can't buy everything.
40 Sometimes money can't even buy a gun...
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list