From: Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python - !!! Failed to complete python imports.
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:23:56
1 Already tried that. I get the same error.
2
3 On 10/27/05, Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > On 10/27/05, Ryan Viljoen <ravilj@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > Ok I am in need of some serious help well my home server is:
7 > >
8 > > After emerging python (with distcc running and attempting to do a cross
9 > > compilation) I get the following message when I try run any program
10 > > associated with python:
11 > >
12 > > ************************************************
13 > > o_O / # env-update
16 > > !!! Failed to complete python imports. There are internal modules for
17 > > !!! python and failure here indicates that you have a problem with
18 > python
19 > > !!! itself and thus portage is no able to continue processing.
20 > >
21 > > !!! You might consider starting python with verbose flags to see what
22 > has
23 > > !!! gone wrong. Here is the information we got for this exception:
24 > > No module named fcntl
25 > > ************************************************
26 > >
27 > > Yes that means i cant re-emerge python or anything :(
30 > > --
31 > > "When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just
32 > stare at
33 > > you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for free". -
34 > Linus
35 > > Torvalds, 1995
36 >
37 > try give the python-updater script a go?
38 >
39 > HTH.
40 >
41 > -- Joe
42 >
43 > --
44 > There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
45 > Those who can count, and those who can't.
46 >
47 > Money can't buy everything.
48 > Sometimes money can't even buy a gun...
49 >
50 > --
51 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
57 "When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
58 you blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for free". - Linus