From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo forgets DATE adjust
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 06:52:41
1 On Tuesday 08 Nov 2011 06:47:42 Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 08 Nov 2011 01:48:30 Érico Porto wrote:
3 > > When I was installing my system I typed the date and hour wrong , and
4 > > didn't noticed, and as far my computer knows, today is tomorrow, two
5 > > hours wrong...
6 > >
7 > > I thought it was ok to change later, but actually, I can't. If I type the
8 > > date command to change time, it changes ok, but when I boot, my system
9 > > forgets it, and it's tomorrow again.. I've tried some ideas from the web,
10 > > but nothing worked..
11 > >
12 > > Is this a known bug?
13 > >
14 > > Érico V. Porto
15 >
16 > Consider setting the time in your BIOS.
17 >
18 > Alternatively, read man hwclock and set it with that.
19
20 Oops! I forgot to say:
21
22 Instead of doing this manually, check your /etc/conf.d/hwclock is set up
23 correctly and that rc-update -s -v shows:
24
25 hwclock | boot
26 --
27 Regards,