From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Vcore unstable?
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 04:01:02
1 On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 6:50 PM, <mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > i have a machine i just put lm sensors etc. on. xsensors shows "Vcore"
4 > fluctuating between 1.12 and 1.3v. stays at 1.12V when idling but increases
5 > with load. Is this remotely normal behavior for an athlon chip in a desk
6 > top? It's either some sort of throttling or the Vcore power supply is
7 > failing, obviously i'd like to know which. If it's the power supply i can
8 > likely fix it if it needs to be fixed. Also occurs to me that xsensors
9 > could be usefull tracking down intermittent issues. I used it to monitor a
10 > power supply i wasn't sure about for about a week and it stayed nice.
11 >
12 > mad.scientist.at.large (a good madscientist)
13 > --
16 If it increases with load the regulator is working properly. The
17 higher voltage is needed to induce a higher current slew rate, i.e.
18 how fast the electrons accelerate, i.e. chip frequency.
19
20 Cheers,
21 R0b0t1