From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Screenrecording with audio from firefox
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 15:31:59
1 Hi Daniel,
2
3 sorry for not understanding the whole setup ...
4
5 Please see my inserted questions below:
8 On 06/03 04:44, Daniel Sonck wrote:
9 > It might be that your Qt5 is perhaps partially updated or out of date even,
10 > but not sure. I do know that it can be a pain to compile due to Qt5 changing.
11 > If it's too much of a hassle to get it to work, Catia could be replaced by
12 > QJackCtl, however then you will need to have the tweaks Cadence does for you
13 > manually applied. Which, according to my system, is:
14 >
15 > pcm.!default {
16 > type plug
17 > slave { pcm "jack" }
18 > }
19 >
20 > pcm.jack {
21 > type jack
22 > playback_ports {
23 > 0 system:playback_1
24 > 1 system:playback_2
25 > }
26 > capture_ports {
27 > 0 system:capture_1
28 > 1 system:capture_2
29 > }
30 > }
31 >
32 > ctl.mixer0 {
33 > type hw
34 > card 0
35 >
36 > ( In case you want to entirely not bother with pulseaudio )
37
38 The above setup is for alsa/jack/obs...right.
39 Since jackd does not start (it crashes) and I am currently not in
40 the mood to fix an error which helps to fix a problem which should
41 fix a problem for an application which in first place was there to
42 help me to fix an issue to record from Firefox...I will try
43 pulseaudio -- despite the fact, that I really don't like it.
44
45 > Or, like me where I have it set to pulseaudio mode which creates:
46
47 Ok...the following is for alsa/pulseaudio/obs
48
49 > pcm.!default {
50 > type plug
51 > slave { pcm "pulse" }
52 > }
53 >
54 > pcm.pulse {
55 > type pulse
56 > }
57 >
58 > ctl.mixer0 {
59 > type hw
60 > card 0
61 > }
62 >
63 > This would go into a file .asoundrc in your $HOME and force ALSA native
64 > programs to actually hook up as Jack clients,
65
66 ...sorry...why jack? Do I need jack for pulseaudio?
67
68 > so you can manage your audio.
69 > Note that you would still need to go into QJackCtls settings to setup the
70 > correct main audio device
71
72 Pulseaudio->pavucontrol....right?
73
74 I am......irritated......at least....;)
75
76 HEEEELLLLLLPPPP! :)
77
78 Cheers!