From: Daniel Sonck <daniel@×××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Screenrecording with audio from firefox
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 14:45:01
1 It might be that your Qt5 is perhaps partially updated or out of date even,
2 but not sure. I do know that it can be a pain to compile due to Qt5 changing.
3 If it's too much of a hassle to get it to work, Catia could be replaced by
4 QJackCtl, however then you will need to have the tweaks Cadence does for you
5 manually applied. Which, according to my system, is:
6
7 pcm.!default {
8 type plug
9 slave { pcm "jack" }
10 }
11
12 pcm.jack {
13 type jack
14 playback_ports {
15 0 system:playback_1
16 1 system:playback_2
17 }
18 capture_ports {
19 0 system:capture_1
20 1 system:capture_2
21 }
22 }
23
24 ctl.mixer0 {
25 type hw
26 card 0
27 }
28 ( In case you want to entirely not bother with pulseaudio )
29
30 Or, like me where I have it set to pulseaudio mode which creates:
31 pcm.!default {
32 type plug
33 slave { pcm "pulse" }
34 }
35
36 pcm.pulse {
37 type pulse
38 }
39
40 ctl.mixer0 {
41 type hw
42 card 0
43 }
44
45 This would go into a file .asoundrc in your $HOME and force ALSA native
46 programs to actually hook up as Jack clients, so you can manage your audio.
47 Note that you would still need to go into QJackCtls settings to setup the
48 correct main audio device
49