From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~and64] Headsup for googled the previous one to vmlinu-chrome users
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 00:52:13
1 On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 6:29 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Friday 22 May 2015 23:13:06 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Fri, 22 May 2015 17:04:49 -0500, Dale wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> I also save the config with the same version part as the kernel, that
6 >>> way I know which config goes with which kernel. Everyone has their own
7 >>> way of doing what works for them. I just prefer to copy my own manually
8 >>> with a name that makes sense to me. I don't think make install will do
9 >>> this the way I do it.
10 >>
11 >> make install does it exactly the way you are doing it, but faster and
12 >> less prone to error.
13 >
14 > Hmm ... I may have used it the wrong way quite a few years ago, but it would
15 > only keep two kernels at a time or something like that. That made me carry on
16 > copying kernel files into boot manually. In this way at least I know where I
17 > put them and what options I pass on to them.
18
19 Two same-version kernels at a time? That's true because of
20 "/sbin/installkernel".