From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~and64] Headsup for googled the previous one to vmlinu-chrome users
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 22:29:54
1 On Friday 22 May 2015 23:13:06 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 22 May 2015 17:04:49 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 > > I also save the config with the same version part as the kernel, that
4 > > way I know which config goes with which kernel. Everyone has their own
5 > > way of doing what works for them. I just prefer to copy my own manually
6 > > with a name that makes sense to me. I don't think make install will do
7 > > this the way I do it.
8 >
9 > make install does it exactly the way you are doing it, but faster and
10 > less prone to error.
11
12 Hmm ... I may have used it the wrong way quite a few years ago, but it would
13 only keep two kernels at a time or something like that. That made me carry on
14 copying kernel files into boot manually. In this way at least I know where I
15 put them and what options I pass on to them.
18 Regards,
19 Mick