From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~and64] Headsup for googled the previous one to vmlinu-chrome users
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 22:13:26
1 On Fri, 22 May 2015 17:04:49 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I also save the config with the same version part as the kernel, that
4 > way I know which config goes with which kernel. Everyone has their own
5 > way of doing what works for them. I just prefer to copy my own manually
6 > with a name that makes sense to me. I don't think make install will do
7 > this the way I do it.
8
9 make install does it exactly the way you are doing it, but faster and
10 less prone to error.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
17 temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
18 Benjamin Franklin