From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [~and64] Headsup for googled the previous one to vmlinu-chrome users
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 03:20:10
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 22 May 2015 17:04:49 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I also save the config with the same version part as the kernel, that
5 >> way I know which config goes with which kernel. Everyone has their own
6 >> way of doing what works for them. I just prefer to copy my own manually
7 >> with a name that makes sense to me. I don't think make install will do
8 >> this the way I do it.
9 > make install does it exactly the way you are doing it, but faster and
10 > less prone to error.
15 Funny, I've yet to screw up copying and naming a kernel. Also, I get to
16 name it the way I want to name it not the way someone else wants to name
17 it. I sort of doubt that make install will repeat the same naming
18 scheme I use. Of course, I haven't tried it in a long time either. It
19 wouldn't do what I wanted the last time I read about it so I never used
20 it. I haven't seen any need to since I don't update my kernels that
21 often. I'm going on two months since my last reboot.
22
23 Dale
24