From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT Konq] setting for view source
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 17:08:07
1 On Saturday 5 January 2008, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > > KDE control center -> KDE components -> file associations
4 > >
5 > > text -> plain, and set the application to use in "Application
6 > > preference order" (mine is "kedit").
7 >
8 > Oh, thanks.. there all those setting are...
9 >
10 > But apparently there is still some kind of problem. I use
11 > emacs for that kind of stuff and it is listed there but when I select
12 > it and hit apply the `apply/reset' buttons go dead and never come back
13 > on.
14 >
15 > Ditto for kwrite or any others listed there.
16
17 This is all normal, at least with KDE control center. Those buttons are
18 active only when there are pending modifications. If there are no
19 pending modifications, they are greyed. When they are greyed, change
20 something else and they will become active again, and so on.
21
22 > There doesn't appear to be anyway provided to save the setting.
23
24 The "OK" button should do that (and, of course, the "Apply" button).
25
26 > Closing kcontrol and restart konq but still when I try to view source
27 > I just get the bouncing cursor (waiting) and no action ... ever.
28 >
29 > I guess I'll have to take this to the kde groups.
30
31 Sorry but I can't help you further here...on my system, adding another
32 handler application for text/plain and applying the config is enough for
33 konqueror to use the new application.
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list