From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT Konq] setting for view source
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 17:33:54
1 Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org> writes:
2
3 [...]
4
5 >> But apparently there is still some kind of problem. I use
6 >> emacs for that kind of stuff and it is listed there but when I select
7 >> it and hit apply the `apply/reset' buttons go dead and never come back
8 >> on.
9 >>
10 >> Ditto for kwrite or any others listed there.
11 >
12 > This is all normal, at least with KDE control center. Those buttons are
13 > active only when there are pending modifications. If there are no
14 > pending modifications, they are greyed. When they are greyed, change
15 > something else and they will become active again, and so on.
16 >
17 >> There doesn't appear to be anyway provided to save the setting.
18 >
19 > The "OK" button should do that (and, of course, the "Apply" button).
20
21 There is no `ok' button.. . Unless you accidentally double click on
22 one of the choices ... just `apply/reset' and then it goes dead.
23
24 I see now how it works but really not conventional.
25
26 >> Closing kcontrol and restart konq but still when I try to view source
27 >> I just get the bouncing cursor (waiting) and no action ... ever.
28 >>
29 >> I guess I'll have to take this to the kde groups.
30 >
31 > Sorry but I can't help you further here...on my system, adding another
32 > handler application for text/plain and applying the config is enough for
33 > konqueror to use the new application.
34
35 Yeah I was afraid that would be the case but pointing me to the config
36 part was a great help ... thanks.
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list