From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to delete the previous environment settings directly after chrooting prior to reading .bashrc ?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 07:00:29
1 Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net> [17-02-18 07:52]:
2 > On 2017-02-17 17:40, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > is there any clean way to delete the environment completly
5 > > right after chrooting into a alternate root installation
6 > > -- except using 'login <user>' after chrooting?
7 > >
8 > > Thanks in advance for any keeping the environment clean! ;)
9 >
10 > Run
11 >
12 > env -i sh
13 >
14 > as the command in chroot.
15 >
16 > I wish it was this easy in the "real world" :-(
17 >
18 > --
19 > Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
20 > Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
21 > Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html
24 Hi Ian,
25
26 this puts a big smile onto my face:
27 Before posting a did several experiments with 'env -i' in
28 several places (bashrc and such)....nothing works,
29 THIS one you mentioned I left out for reasons I dont know.
30 :)
31
32 And yes(!): I also would like to have some instances
33 of 'env -i' running for several purposes not limited
34 to the phusical/nature environment only.
35 ;)
36
37 To the future!....but not without my commandline...
38
39 Cheers
40 Meino