From: Daniel Wagener <stelf@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] crosscompiling...the point of view
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 20:00:27
1 On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 15:01:40 +0200
2 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3
4 > So - is there any logical reason, which prevents the process of the
5 > compilation of a complete distribution/rootfs/boot-mechanism for
6 > a platform "A" on a hostsystem of the platform "B" if the cross
7 > compilation toolchain is already installed on "B" and no emulated
8 > environment is wanted?
9
10 I know that it is possible, though I have not done it myself yet.
11 And unfortunately, the examples I know of were built with openembedded (prime example for beagleboard: Angstrom) and I do not the slightest idea how that would work on Gentoo.
12 But I would love to know. :)