From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] crosscompiling...the point of view
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 13:03:33
1 Hi,
2
3 I am asking, because I found not only one description of somehow
4 complicated setups to compile a distribution (namely gentoo) for a
5 platform "A" (Beaglebone TI OMAP4) on that platform with distcc to
6 speedup things or with emulated chroot environments based on qemu...
7
8 I thought it would be the easiest to compile the whole stuff on a host
9 system "B" with a crosscompilation toolchain...but may be I have
10 overlooked something important...
11
12 So - is there any logical reason, which prevents the process of the
13 compilation of a complete distribution/rootfs/boot-mechanism for
14 a platform "A" on a hostsystem of the platform "B" if the cross
15 compilation toolchain is already installed on "B" and no emulated
16 environment is wanted?
17
18 Thank you very much in advance for any help!
19 Best regards,
20 mcc