From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qt3support USE flag. Is it needed now?
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 22:15:09
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I have a question. I'm using KDE4, about to switch to 4.5.2. Do I need
7 >> qt3support anymore? I'm talking about the USE flag qt3support. I run into
8 >> blocks sometimes and I know KDE3 needed qt3. I'm just curious if I can get
9 >> rid of this USE flag now. I only have KDE4 installed. No more KDE3 left
10 >> that I know of.
11 >>
12 > Going along with what Alan said. qt3support does not use Qt 3 at all.
13 > It just puts something like a Qt 3-compatible API into Qt 4, to make
14 > porting Qt 3 to Qt 4 apps easier. It is largely insignifcant to you
15 > (since it's not pulling in qt3 packages).
16 >
17 > If you have any packages that require this USE flag, their ebuild will
18 > require this USE flag. So disable it, emerge --deep --newuse world and
19 > see if it complains. If it does, re-enable and continue life with
20 > qt3support as if nothing ever happened. :)
24 Just picking the last message to reply to so this is for everyone who
25 has chimed in so far.
26
27 I may remove the USE flag and just see what blows up. I may copy over
28 some binaries so that I can just use -k and not have to wait on the
29 compiles. I would think if I remove it that something would pitch all
30 holy hell about it if it has to have it. I'm sure it would be caught at
31 some point and I would know it then for sure.
32
33 I'm not sure if I have anything on here that must have qt3support. Is
34 there a way to know for sure? Maybe some obscure command that I am not
35 familiar with?
36
37 Dale
38