From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qt3support USE flag. Is it needed now?
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 08:50:45
1 On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 17:14:55 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I may remove the USE flag and just see what blows up. I may copy over
4 > some binaries so that I can just use -k and not have to wait on the
5 > compiles.
6
7 That won't help. If a package needed recompiling, using a binary package
8 that is a copy of the existing installation won't help. Unless you mean
9 you are going to back up your existing binary packages before removing
10 the flag.
11
12 Either way, this thread alone, never mind any recompile times, has
13 consumed far more of your resources that one tiny support library ever
14 will.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Life's a cache, and then you flush...