From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qt3support USE flag. Is it needed now?
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 14:54:19
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 17:14:55 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> I may remove the USE flag and just see what blows up. I may copy over
6 >> some binaries so that I can just use -k and not have to wait on the
7 >> compiles.
8 >>
9 > That won't help. If a package needed recompiling, using a binary package
10 > that is a copy of the existing installation won't help. Unless you mean
11 > you are going to back up your existing binary packages before removing
12 > the flag.
13 >
14 > Either way, this thread alone, never mind any recompile times, has
15 > consumed far more of your resources that one tiny support library ever
16 > will.
20 That's what I was going to do. Copy the binaries from packages that I
21 am currently using to a safe place then recompile. If it failed, I was
22 going to delete the ones with the qt3support removed and but back the
23 ones I saved that were compiled with qt3support.
24
25 Dale
26