From: Hans <linux@××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: 1TB 2.5in drive recommendation
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 20:46:06
1 On 28/08/14 21:45, Joseph wrote:
2 > I need to select 500GB or 1TB infernal 2.5in drive, any recommendation
3 > (reliability) of the brand.
4 > My current WD 320GB fail after 5-years.
5 >
6 Go Samsung actually made by Samsung in Korea or if you can get Hitachi
7 actually made by Hitachi in Japan. Western Digital and Seagate come out
8 of the same plants in Thailand and Indonesia and don't last.
9
10 I had a 14 year old Toshiba Laptop with a Toshiba disk, The disk died
11 after 14 month when the warranty has expired. Replaced it with Samsung
12 disk. The Laptop was used until very recently 24/7 as mail and web
13 server with buld in UPS (battery) until the screen and keyboard died.
14 The Samsung disk is still alive and well as a plugin backup for the
15 replacement Laptop server.