From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [WAY OT] wanna learn networking internals
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 19:45:58
1 Thanks, gonna check!
2
3 Best Regards,
4 Francisco
5
6 2015-09-02 15:50 GMT-03:00 Emanuele Rusconi <emarsk@×××××.com>:
7
8 > On 2 September 2015 at 19:19, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
9 > > Hi,
10 > >
11 > > Sorry for such WAY out of topic message, but Gentoo users are also way
12 > out
13 > > of regular computer users.
14 > >
15 > > I intend to learn more deep details about networking intrinsics,
16 > (packets,
17 > > ports, negotiation, UDP, multicast, unicast, TCP, ethernet, DHCP,
18 > protocols,
19 > > and so on) so I decided to recur to this list. Googling the terms, just
20 > > gets me to network administration and equipment interconnection.
21 > >
22 > > Any hints on web resources for this research?
23 > >
24 > > Thanks a lot and
25 > >
26 > > Best Regards,
27 > > Francisco
28 >
29 > The "Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition"[1] has some chapters about
30 > IP, TCP, UDP and DNS.
31 >
32 > If you can read Italian, there's also "a2 - appunti di informatica
33 > libera"[2][3].
34 >
35 > I've never been interested in the specific subject, so I don't know
36 > about better sources.
37 > I'd probably start from Wikipedia :)
38 >
39 > [1] http://rute.2038bug.com/index.html.gz
40 > [2] http://appuntilinux.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/appuntilinux/a2/
41 > [3] http://a2.pluto.it/a2/