From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installed Gentoo on SSD - no bootable device
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 03:14:17
1 On 09/04/14 19:41, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 >On 09/04/2014 05:36 PM, Joseph wrote:
3 >> When I installed grub2 I got no errors:
4 >> grub2-install /dev/sda
5 >> Installation finished. No error reported.
8 >If you are trying to boot in EFI mode, you aren't installing it
9 >correctly. That installed to the MBR in legacy mode.
12 >Instructions are here: http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2
13 >
14 >You need to mount /boot, and mount the EFI boot partition before
15 >installing grub2 using `grub2-install --target=x86_64-efi`.
16
17 I'm still lost with this grab2, very confusing. Gentoo official documentation did not mention any of this :-/
18
19 Official documentation did ask to create /dev/sda1 2M BIOS boot partition but there was no instruction how to mount it or format it.
20 I was under impression Grub2 will do all of this.
21 I booted with CD-minimal and there is no "mkdosfs" command.
22
23 Do I need to format the /dev/sda1?
24
25 If I do:
26 mkfs -t vfat -F 32 -n efi-boot /dev/sda1
27 mkfs.vfat: No such file or directory
30 Joseph