From: Michael Jones <gentoo@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo on rpi
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2021 16:49:17
1 Help wanted https://github.com/GenPi64/Build.Dist
2
3 On Mon, Feb 8, 2021, 09:36 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4
5 > Hello list,
6 >
7 > I have a Pi 400, on which I'd like to install Gentoo if I can. I've tried
8 > a
9 > few approaches so far, but each one has fallen foul of some obstacle. For
10 > instance, today I tried installing a small Gentoo system into a chroot, to
11 > do
12 > the compiling there. It seemed to be going well until time came to upgrade
13 > openssl. It stopped when it couldn't cope with the ARM platform. Zlib also
14 > failed, needing static compilation, I think.
15 >
16 > I see references to using crossdev, wine and taking a prebuilt system from
17 > various sources, but I haven't found a way through yet.
18 >
19 > What setup do people use for compiling for Raspberry Pi?
20 >
21 > --
22 > Regards,
23 > Peter.