From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] URGENT: Dead Keyboard after emerge --update world --deep
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 16:51:18
1 Marco <listworks@×××××.com> [09-10-06 18:44]:
2 > On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Marco wrote:
4 > [...]
5 > > What happens if you emerge xorg-server with hal disabled?
6 >
7 > Cannot try this since I am not able to do anything as long as I am not
8 > able to boot in to text-mode only... X is in default runlevel.
9 >
10 > --
11 > Regards,
12 > Marco
15 Hi Marco,
16
17 bad and ugly:
18
19 Boot into grub menu (I only know this for grub, other bootmangers
20 should have similiar).
21 Inhibtit automatic boot by moving the select bar up and down with the
22 cursor keys.
23 If you have locked grub with a password (you have?) enter "p" and
24 enter the password.
25 Move the select bar onto the commandline, which give the kernel
26 parameter.
27 Press "e" for edit.
28 Goto the end of the line
29 Enter ' 2' after the last parameter.
30 Press "b" for "boot".
31 You will end up on a commandline and you will be able to login.
32
33 By the way:
34 By giving " init=/bin/sh" instead of " 2" you can bypass the root
35 and any other login.
36 Thats why it is important to lock grub with a passsword.
37
38 Thats only my lightspeed, your time machine brand may vary ;)
39
40 HTH
41 Good luck!
42 mcc
46 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
47 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
48 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
49 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.