From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Frustration with attempt to fix out of date java ebuild [SOLVED]
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 17:42:36
1 On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Matt Joyce <mjoyce@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Ok, I really just do not get what on earth it thinks I'm doing wrong
3 > here, trying to install java firstly the ebuild in portage it appears is
4 > too old, it wants me to fetch a copy of 7u15 from a page that now only
5 > has 7u17 on it so fail there no problem just update it surely can't be
6 > that hard err right so created an up to date copy of the ebuild in my
7 > overlay directory except it wont create the manifest repeatedly tells me
8 > to put the file jre-7u17-linux-x64.tar.gz in /usr/portage/distfiles,
9 > great ok so...
12 Like Alan said you should "emerge --sync" and portage has an u17 ebuild.
13
14 Otherwise Oracle lets you download old versions from:
15 http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/archive-139210.html