From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Getting rid of all kde components
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:14:31
1 I've decided to stop using KDE after yrs of use... given that gentoo
2 compiles everything from scratch, its just getting to much time lost
3 jacking around with kde during upgrades.
4
5 But also I'd forgotten what the oldtime linux desktops were like.
6 fvwm was the main one in use when I started circa 1997.
7
8 I see blackbox is even a bit more stark... but since I am mainly
9 command line oriented it doesn't present a problem.
10
11 But cutting to the chase here, I'm getting rid of KDE but I see
12 kde-base/arts shows lots of dependencies. Even now that I've changed
13 my USE flag `kde' to `-kde'
14
15 qdepends -C kde-base/arts|awk '{gsub(/ /,"\n");print}'
16 kde-base/arts-3.5.10:
17 x11-libs/qt:3
18 >=dev-libs/glib-2
19 media-libs/alsa-lib
20 media-libs/libogg
21 media-libs/libvorbis
22 media-sound/esound
23 media-libs/libmad
24 media-libs/audiofile
25 dev-util/pkgconfig
26 =sys-devel/automake-1.9*
27 >=sys-devel/autoconf-2.61
28 sys-devel/libtool
29 sys-devel/make
30 dev-util/pkgconfig
31 dev-lang/perl
32
33 I'm pretty sure at least some of this doesn't actually depend on
34 kde-base/arts but not quite sure what to make of the output.