From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Shutting down process hangs - how to proceed?
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 00:07:36
1 walt <w41ter@×××××.com> [09-09-20 02:03]:
2 > On 09/19/2009 05:31 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > >Nonetheless I added the UNLOAD_ON_STOP="no" to /etc/conf.d/alsasound
5 > >and we will see what happens.
6 >
7 > Did you try stopping the alsa service manually?
8 >
9 > #/etc/init.d/alsasound stop
12 This gave me errors, since my Webcam's audio part isn't implemented as
13 full audio device, but it does not hang:
14
15 solfire:/home/mccramer>sudo /etc/init.d/alsasound stop
16 * WARNING: you are stopping a boot service.
17 * Storing ALSA Mixer Levels ...
18 alsactl: get_control:249: Cannot read control '2,0,0,Mic Capture Volume,0': Invalid argument
19 * Error saving levels. [ !! ]
20 solfire:/home/mccramer>
25 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
26 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
27 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
28 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.