From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Shutting down process hangs - how to proceed?
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 18:31:08
1 On 09/19/2009 05:07 PM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > walt<w41ter@×××××.com> [09-09-20 02:03]:
3 >> On 09/19/2009 05:31 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Nonetheless I added the UNLOAD_ON_STOP="no" to /etc/conf.d/alsasound
6 >>> and we will see what happens.
7 >>
8 >> Did you try stopping the alsa service manually?
9 >>
10 >> #/etc/init.d/alsasound stop
13 > This gave me errors, since my Webcam's audio part isn't implemented as
14 > full audio device, but it does not hang:
15 >
16 > solfire:/home/mccramer>sudo /etc/init.d/alsasound stop
17 > * WARNING: you are stopping a boot service.
18 > * Storing ALSA Mixer Levels ...
19 > alsactl: get_control:249: Cannot read control '2,0,0,Mic Capture Volume,0': Invalid argument
20
21 Hm. Does alsamixer show that guilty control?
22
23 I ran strace on alsactl and it consults a very small number of files
24 while doing a 'store' operation, so there are very few places that
25 Mic Capture control could be hiding. You might try using strace to
26 see what turns up. (If the error bothers you, of course.)