From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Filesystem with lowest CPU load, acceptable emerge performance, and stable?
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 18:17:00
1 On 9/6/2011 10:26 AM, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > So, can anyone recommend me a filesystem that fulfills my following needs:
3 >
4 > Scenario: vFirewall (virtual Firewall) that is going to be deployed at
5 > my IaaS Cloud Provider.
6 >
7 > Disk I/O Characteristic: Occasional writes during 'normal' usage,
8 > once-a-week eix-sync + emerge -avuD
9 >
10 > Priority: Stable (i.e., less chance of corruption), least CPU usage.
11 >
12 > My Google-Fu seems to indicate either XFS or JFS; what do you think?
13
14 I think it's a useless local optimization for no real world gain which
15 only increases the complexity of your systems. Use the same filesystem
16 you use on all your other servers.
17
18 kashani