From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New gentoo installation fails when trying to install syslog-ng
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 07:56:19
1 Trifu Catalin Florin wrote:
2 > It seams that the discussion degenerated on how to send emails... Can
3 > anyone please help regarding my problem? It seems that indeed I have
4 > an old kernel version, but how is that possible taking into
5 > consideration that I have used genkernel? How can I upgrade it?
6
7 I would try emerging it with -j1 option. I googled for similar errors
8 and that was the fix. It may not work but worth a try. Sometimes when
9 it does parallel builds, it sort of gets ahead if itself and starts
10 looking for things that should be there but isn't built quite yet. Sort
11 of sounds like my mouth sometimes. Mouth is engaged but brain is in
12 park. lol
13
14 Hoe that helps.
15