From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] haven't been able to build android-tools for months [ RESOLVED ]
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 18:01:29
1 On 9/6/21 11:04 PM, cal wrote:
2 > On 9/6/21 12:23 PM, n952162 wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Given the error message implies a compiler error, perhaps try upgrading
5 >>> sys-devel/gcc first?
6 >>>
7 >> Aggh!
8 >>
9 >> 00~/adm/gentoo/emerged>eselect gcc list
10 >>  [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-9.3.0 *
11 >>  [2] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-10.3.0
14 >> $ eselect news list | grep gcc
15 >>
16 >> doesn't turn up anything.  When should/may one upgrade?
17 >>
18 >> Thank you for the tip!   That's surely what's going on.
19 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Upgrading_GCC (note: most of the content
20 > here appears to be related to upgrading to GCC 5.x).
21 >
22 > Like the kernel, new versions of GCC are automatically pulled in, but
23 > you have to eselect the new one manually (I don't know the reason; I
24 > assume it is to avoid leaving the user with a broken compiler).
25 > Personally, I just check the emerge output to see if a new version of
26 > GCC was merged, and if so, I eselect it and rebuild libtool as described
27 > on the wiki.
28 >
29 > cal
32 Yes, that fixed it, thank you.  I have to read about libtool now, though.