From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Very OT - gnome-panel notification area applet
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:19:24
1 I have a notification applet on my panel in gnome. I upgraded a package
2 yesterday and used the new version for the first time time. The new
3 version places a very large gaudy icon in my notification area applet.
4 The icon is non-interactive (I tried), and it just takes up space. I
5 want that applet there for applications like gaim that have
6 small-nonvisually-obtrusive icons. I would like to go into the code of
7 the gtk app and remove the part that places the icon in the notification
8 area, but unfortunately I don't know what to look for and have had
9 little to no success so far on google. Any hints would be
10 appreciated...
11 -Michael Sullivan-
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list