From: Phil Sexton <philsexton@×××××××.Net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Very OT - gnome-panel notification area applet
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 18:07:09
1 Michael Sullivan wrote:
2 > I have a notification applet on my panel in gnome. I upgraded a package
3 > yesterday and used the new version for the first time time. The new
4 > version places a very large gaudy icon in my notification area applet.
5 > The icon is non-interactive (I tried), and it just takes up space. I
6 > want that applet there for applications like gaim that have
7 > small-nonvisually-obtrusive icons. I would like to go into the code of
8 > the gtk app and remove the part that places the icon in the notification
9 > area, but unfortunately I don't know what to look for and have had
10 > little to no success so far on google. Any hints would be
11 > appreciated...
12 > -Michael Sullivan-
15 Perhaps this will install an app to do what you want?
16 emerge x11-misc/alacarte
19 Phil Sexton
20 Naomi's Fancy: http://www.naomisfancy.net/
21 Our 2nd CD: http://www.cdbaby.com/naomisfancy/