From: Dominic Kexel <nexenta@××××××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: wlan0 promiscuous mode
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:27:00
1 On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:51:59 -0800
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > That all works great, the problem is it only works when net.wlan0 is
5 > started. I'm told I:
6 >
7 > "need to load the modules and setup the interface for your card"
8 >
9 > because that's probably what net.wlan0 does. I tried to look through
10 > net.wlan0 but I'm lost in there. Any idea what I might need to do
11 > that net.wlan0 usually does for me?
12 >
13 > - Grant
14
15 net.wlan0 configures your interface. So, when switching back
16 from monitor-mode to managed-mode, your setup for that
17 interface is lost.
18
19 You have to do something like:
20