From: Yahya Mohammad <mfyahya@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Suspend/Hibernate on Dell Inspiron 6000
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:38:44
1 Hi list,
2
3 I have a three year old Inspiron 6000 laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon
4 X300 graphics. I can't get the laptop to resume from suspend or
5 hibernate. I have gentoo-sources 2.6.23-r3, hibernate-script and
6 ati-drivers-8.40.4 installed.
7
8 Both hibernate and suspend used to work a long time ago, but stopped
9 after a few `emerge -uDN world`s. The older package versions when it
10 used to work aren't in the portage tree anymore :(
11
12 Does the suspend/hibernate process produce logs anywhere? I don't see
13 anything in /var/log/*
14
15 Will using open source drivers for my graphics chipset help in making
16 suspend/hibernate work? And how do they handle 3D for this chipset? I
17 don't play games, but it would be nice to use Compiz once it's stable in
18 portage.
19
20 Thanks for any pointers.
21 --