From: Alecks Gates <alecks.g@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A question concerning graphics...
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:48:48
1 On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz> wrote:
2 [...]
3 > I use the ati-drivers package, and I'd say there are pretty solid now. I
4 > first started using ati-drivers with my HD2600 card card - as the kernel
5 > drivers did not support the power saving mechanisms of the card. No
6 > power saving on the HD2600 meant just when idling: 60 degree C and a
7 > power usage of over 30 watts more then when using the kernel driver. Not
8 > to mention the noise of the fan. When I bought my new HD 7770 card last
9 > year, it was not supported by the kernel, so I sticked with the
10 > ati-drivers. Everythings works as it's supposed to. Dual screen setup
11 > with different solutions, power saving when idling, 3D power when you
12 > need it (steam games), opencl works fine too.
15 I just bought a 7770 myself, and have been interested in getting a
16 dual monitor setup with ati-drivers. What steps do I have to take?
19 Alecks Gates