From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc 2.12.1-r1 seems to not be working correctly
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 19:23:16
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 20:57 on Sunday 22 August 2010,
2 covici@××××××××××.com did opine thusly:
3
4 > > There is a way to downgrade for the brave.
8 > > quickpkg glibc
9 > > move the 2.11.? version ebuild you want to your local overlay.
10 > > Edit it and find the check that disallows downgrades. Comment it out.
11 > > Mask glibc2.12
12 > > update glibc
16 > > At this point it's probably very wise to rebuild at least system, then
17 > > revdep- rebuild. Note that rebuilding system might fail in which case
18 > > you are really up the creek.
22 > > Feel free to rip to pieces the dev that committed this version. It could
23 > > not possibly have undergone decent testing
24 >
25 > I have another idea -- what would I have to restore from backup to
26 > completely cancel the entire update process I have done since yesterday
27 > -- and then I could mask off the bad glibc and be back to something at
28 > least somewhat consistent?
31 I too have another idea - look at emerge.log and tell us what you emerged
32 since yesterday. Then restore those packages.
36 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com